March 30, 2013

Scala Again

Scala has been a love/hate of mine for the last year or so because of how lackluster the tool support was a year ago. However, it looks like the Scala community is not only growing, but also maturing a bit. It is a fantastic language with so much potential that I look forward to using it more and more. I am a bit rusty with it so I figured this was a great time to really relearn the language with the new features in 2.10. However, the lack of up to date tutorials is rather surprising. I haven't searched for very long, but still that seems rather surprising.

I'm using some older tutorials, and I am aware of some of the changes since the tutorial was written, but it would be nice to find a good solid set of tutorials for Scala in 2.10. I will probably being prototyping a game for Scala + Android using libGDX in the near future so I'll be able to provide some more insight into how that works. I might even go as far to write some tutorials on using Scala with libGDX, but I will first have to see how feasible it really is.

No comments :

Post a Comment