March 2, 2013

PaintParty: Upcoming Preview Release

After a short trip to visit a new place, potentially where I will be moving in a few months, I have had lots of time to think and like I seem to frequently do, I've changed my mind. Anyways, first thing to talk about is PaintParty.

The application itself is a bit rough right now, and some features are missing from our third iteration. I won't have time right now to push a preview as this week I will be swamped with midterms, but I will try to harden a few things and get ready to push a preview next weekend.

I've decided to drop my ideas for any sort of Minecraft mod. It is pretty clear to me that it is going to take months before any sort of early modding api will come into existence. Therefore I should focus my effort else where, that means back to Combatics Evolution.

Over the last couple months I have played around with a number of very important aspects of the project, and I feel ready to tackle the harder parts of the game. Including networking, skills, and full-3d with good performance. I won't be touching it till probably April at the earliest, but that is the current plan once I finish with PaintParty.

No comments :

Post a Comment