October 4, 2012

Progress on 0.1.4

I have been fairly busy lately with other things happening; however, I would like to post the following image to show the current progress on the map editor:
Map Editor pre-0.1.4
I still need to implement loading and saving maps, but I don't suspect it to be an overly difficult task. A few things I should probably mention about this editor:

  • The red X in the top left will close the editor and bring you back to the menu.
  • The controls on the left are for normal navigation, but you can drag around the map as well.
  • I plan to also add a zoom button to the navigation (and to the battle screen as well)
  • The 4 main controls at the bottom are:
    • Blue - Select Mode - You can click, select and drag around the map but will not make edits to the map
    • Green - Add Mode - You can place blocks on the map by clicking on the map, you can drag around but you will place blocks as you click so I don't recommend.
    • Yellow - Edit Mode - You can change the type of block when clicking on it.
    • Red - Delete Mode - You can remove blocks on the map by clicking on them.
  • I am currently playing with the editor and I feel that working completely in isometric isn't ideal, so I will probably add more viewing angles so you can get a better idea of what you are working on.
  • There is also a block selection panel on the bottom right side (yes, it isn't in the above picture). This allows you to change what blocks will be placed, and you can cycle through all available blocks.
  • Top right text:
    • FPS - Current frame rate in the editor, android seems to pull off 20-35 fps on my low-end tablet. So I feel this will work for other devices of similar or better specs.
    • T - Number of triangles being rendered, more usually means lower FPS, I will try to reduce this number with more optimizations for android, but not sure how much lower I can push it.
    • X/Y/Z is the current location of the selected block.
Well, that should be a handful of information. Needless to say, things are going well and shaping up nicely. I'm aware the blocks aren't very good looking, I haven't spent any serious time trying to make them look good, something I can polish up in the future.

Anyways, back to work for me!

No comments :

Post a Comment