September 24, 2012

Battle with Android

I am not very impressed right now, but this is what happens when you rely on third-parties. After updating my google plugin to the latest version my deployed version for android seemed to crash on startup. The problem was libGDX using reflection for creating my UI. The application exporter for android apparently obfuscates my libraries as well now. Which is fine, but not when the libraries I use expect the names/fields to be defined a certain way during serialization and reflection.

I have updated the Android version to 0.1.2b as a hotfix, so if you would like to grab the latest version I have updated it. The desktop client is unchanged because I don't attack my libraries viciously! Anyways, it took me a while to figure out what was suddenly exploding in the version I publish and why my local copy was as happy as ever!

So enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment