July 18, 2012

New Game

After a few weeks of intense work, I'm very proud of my work in progress. Unfortunately, I'm using 'borrowed' assets to quickly mock-up and prototype everything so I can't show anything I've done yet. However, I'll be switching over to some creative common data in the near future and will be able to at least show off some of my work.


I decided to take a different approach with this game. Instead of focusing on the parts I want to finish, I'm saving those for last and working on some of the more mundane parts. Obviously, this means the game isn't really fun because those are the parts I'm not touching yet. After having experience with working on a large product I keep thinking about security, localization, usability, etc almost all the time. I also keep pushing those thoughts aside and am focusing on getting things working and functional. Following some simple rules I've come up with some pretty modular ways to create the game so coming back and cleaning things up will be easy and make things shine.


Anyways, back to the workbench for me... I got a game to craft.

No comments :

Post a Comment