June 2, 2011

Web Development

I'm currently working on developing a webpage to put up some of my work in progress and some old stuff of mine. Unfortunately, I'm really rusty with HTML, barely know CSS and my PHP has seen better days. It only took me a few hours to get pretty decent with them again, but its going to take time to organize and build the website. Since my last post I've done very little towards the game itself, other than strip out the MVC implementation and start from scratch almost. I feel a lot better about it now, but I'm definitely going to have to sit down and think about how I want to implement this. Just get a rough idea, and I can revise it later as I see fit. Over planning is really a curse, but not planning at all just means I want to rewrite it many times over, which isn't the best practice either.

I'm tempted to do some test driven development, but its always kind of on the iffy side for me. I'd rather write my code to be easy to test, and then write my tests to make sure what I wrote is actually what I wanted. To define what I want first makes sense, but it just feels clunky to do the tests and implement along side each other. I guess I should give it an actual shot and see how it goes.

In other news, tomorrow is Friday and we all know what that means... *music starts in the background*. I'm just going to block out that song and go to bed!

No comments :

Post a Comment